Saturday, January 16, 2016

...the most wonderful thing I have ever done."

January 4, 2015 - Welp.... last transfer starts today.... how crazy it is that we have come to this point. Only 6 weeks from now and I will be on my last day of the most wonderful thing I have ever done. The hardest thing I have ever done. I truely do love it here and the people are so amazing. I can't believe it's really here. Yes I'm worn out, no I don't always focus, and there are many times when I could do better. But I know that the Lord is happy with my choice to have come here and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I received the transfer call, and I will be ending where I started my mission, Setúbal!!!! I will be training as well. My new comp is an american named Elder Taylor and I will pick him up on Wednesday. I am overwhelmed to truly think of how kind and patient the Lord has been with me these past 2 years. He is my best friend and I have come to understand the true love that Heavenly Father has for us through His son and through Their work. I am sad to leave Barreiro, especially because our friend Rui came to church yesterday and will soon be baptized, but I won't be able to keep working with him. It´s part of the mission. :(
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go back to Cacém!!!! I got to see Andrey!!! And some other great friends I made while being there. I got to go back for a very special reason. While I was serving there, the Sisters from another area needed a place to stay, so we left our house and went to stay at with some Elders so the Sisters could stay at our place for a bit. We worked in the other Elder´s area while we were living at their house and the first door we knocked on was a humble man named Paulo. He answered, let us in, and listened and came to church that Sunday. We went back to our house after the sisters had moved out and Paulo continued on working with the other elders. Then I got transferred to Barreiro. Well yesterday was his baptism. And I got to go! What a miracle and what a tender mercy to be able to have been an instrument in the hands of the Lord those days we worked there. That´s the update for the week, I love you all!!! Thanks for everything!



Love Elder Quinn

Me and Paulo


Andrey, Cleasu, and me





No comments:

Post a Comment