Monday, March 2, 2015

"The Lord has become my best friend"

Good Morning Bragança!
I know we´ve come so far but we´ve got so far to go! This week some songs from hairspray are going through the air as I wake up in the morning every day here in Bragança instead of Baltimore, and I hit a year this week thusly, the songs from hairspray being appropriate. Can you believe it? A year ago this week I was saying my last goodbyes, not eating because of nerves, and being setting apart as a missionary for our Lord and His Church. It´s definitely been a journey and there are for sure many more adventures to come. I don´t know that I am the exact same person I was a year ago, but I still am just as handsome, clever, and charming.... oh and #humble. The Lord has become my best friend in the past year seeing that He is the one that I have been able to look to 24/7. I have gained a strong testimony of the grace of his atonement. I know that our Heavenly Father lives, and that he truly wants us to have happiness and joy in our lives. I know that His plan is perfect, and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. I know that this Church was restored by a prophet of God.
I have been a year without seeing my friends, family, pets, and movies. No videogames, no (long) naps or sleeping in. It´s an experience that you can´t trade for anything that truly changes your life forever.
Everything has been going fine. Unfortunately the family we´re teaching had a little set back. Something happened in the past week or so and he didnt want to talk to us so the rest of the family kind of acted wierd towards us and they didnt show up to church. It´s definitely a let down, but we cant get discouraged. We got the stake coming here again for our Branch Conference! gotta get things in order and people to church! All is well, spring is coming and its warming up. The sun is staying in the air longer and we´re still quotin our movies.
Love you all, thanks for the support and love and prayers.
Love Elder Quinn!!! See ya´ll in a year! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment