Thursday, June 26, 2014

"So where can I get one of these Book of Mormons?"

Hello people of the real world!! How is everything going?! This week has been full of miracles here in Setúbal, Portugal. We had two baptisms thanks to the help of the Lord. It was an awesome service, and I had the opportunity to baptize both of them! Their names are Horacio Rocha, and Arnaldo Caldeira (both of them have 2 or 3 middle names that I can’t remember...) but I did the baptismal prayers flawlessly! My companion says I gave them both a pretty good dunk though... Ha-ha, Horacio came up out of the water and coughed because I think water got up his nose and he spit the water at the window (where the little kids look in).... all in all it was a great day - full of miracles. We had 3 of our very potential investigators attend the baptisms which was awesome. After the baptisms, we had lots of cake, pastels...and OF COURSE JUICE!!! ha-ha and Elder Harris and me picked up McDonalds on the way home to celebrate! Yesterday, Elder Harris and I received a call from President Fluckiger. He is shutting down an area and bringing one of the elders from there to be with Elder Harris and I am getting transferred. My new area is called Costa da Caparica. I am headed there right now actually. I am in the Mission Office writing while I wait for my ride. It´s hard to leave my area where I´ve grown to love the Members and my very recent converts and it’s scary to get thrown into one of these middle of the transfer transfers and to be getting a new companion/trainer. But the Lord has something in store. More Baptisms, and hopefully Juice!!! I now will have 3 dads (Trainers) here; I have not met my new dad (Elder Judd) but I will in a couple of hours. I will let you know how it all turns out next week. OH YAH!!! Funny thing my companion and I were laughing at. There’s an episode of SpongeBob where Patrick and SpongeBob are selling chocolates and this crazy guy is stalking them all day screaming, "CHOCOLATE!!!" and in the end he just tells them, "Finally I´ve been looking for you guys all day, now that I’ve got you right where I want you..... I just wanted to buy all your chocolate!" and then SpongeBob and Patrick drop all the chocolate they have in their hands and chocolate bars just start pouring out of their pants because they can’t believe it. So... we met this guy on the street and asked him if we could come in and he said yes. We go into his house, mark him the first lesson for baptism, and at the end of the lesson he says, "So where can I get one of these Book of Mormons?" (Elder Harris and I weren’t planning on leaving one with him until the next one lesson) so when people ask us something like that... We feel like SpongeBob and Patrick.... just drop everything were holding in disbelief... I don´t know if that makes sense... but ha-ha. We die laughing about it. But anyway, time for a new area and new adventure! This is a picture of our baptism. Don’t worry... They don’t appear it, but they were happy to be baptized... ha-ha. The other pictures are of the streets here in Setubal. It's soooo cool how they decorate the streets! Love you Guys!!!
-Elder Quinn







No comments:

Post a Comment