Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"I love the SOUP"

This week is nothing too new. Our friend Jorge is still on the way in preparation for baptism. He is not quite ready for the commitment of baptism. I was called as the Executive Secretary here in the branch. I am enjoying that. It's a lot of note taking and following up with people about their assignments. I am loving it here in Lagos in this area and this branch. This past week Djuca (African member) received the Mel. Priesthood! He's a recent convert of 5 months and it's really cool to see the sacrifices he has made and the faith he has to do the will of the Lord and support the church here in Portugal. It was an emotional ordination because President Battaglia has been working with him for this to happen and he made it! He is also now the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency! So it's really cool to see that things are going forward! This past week I was helping carrying Jorge's mom upstairs, like in my arms, (she´s about 80 and has no use of her legs) and I rammed her poor little knee into the doorknob! It was terrible! I felt soooo bad!!! I sat her down on the bed and she sat there rubbing her knee and all I could do was say I was sorry... she was quick to forgive. Basically I am still loving the juice here.... but something else I have come to love as of now is the SOUP!!! It's very very good. We have some investigators with some potential but not too much at this time. There were four of our investigators in church today and one of them cried during sacrament meeting, so I think that's promising! I love you all and thanks for the support!!!
Love Forever, Elder Quinn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment